Tips To Save Money on Electricity At Home
Whether by your environmentalist spirit or just that you want to cut a few dollars off your bill; everyone wants to save electricity.
There are many reasons that I can point out why the conservative use of electricity should be imposed in every household. Electricity is becoming more expensive as the years go by. Compare how much you were paying 5 or 10 years ago and how much you are paying now.
Now imagine the future! Eeekkkk!
Conserving energy should always come second nature to everyone; it is not that hard to incorporate small changes in our lifestyle.
Besides what in this article I found this cool film to help:
Here are some basic and simple tips to help you save energy in your home:
Appliances – appliance manufacturer claims that their newest technology will help you minimize your electric consumption but traditional techniques should never be forgotten. Techniques like::
– Use appliances only when necessary and unplug it when not in use. Not only will it save you electricity but it will also prevent fire and further loss.
– Check that the refrigerator is securely closed and that the air circulation system is in good condition.
– If you are about to buy a new appliance, ask yourself if what you are getting the most efficient for your needs, wallet and the environment.
Lighting – it doesn’t consume the most electricity in the home, however, is one of the variants is more developed in the efficient use of energy. Here are some tips to improve fuel light.
– The simplest way to save from your lighting fixtures is to turn the lights off when not in use.
– Another small thing you can do is change the light bulbs you are currently using to energy saving ones. Energy saving lamps last longer, often shine brighter, and don’t use as much energy so it is more economical to use.
Home Temperature – Heat can be unbearable during the summer months especially in the urban areas. Your air conditioner consumed more electricity than any other appliance in your home so it should be used cautiously.
– Newer and better air conditioner uses less electricity
– Once the need to use your air conditioner is established, you need to decide next to how cold you should set your air conditioner. You can’t just crank it up high, you need to establish the best temperature that the size of the room that you will need for comfortable use and the number of people.
Other recommendations: here we give you some tips that are usually given to reduce consumption with little habits:
– Set the water heater thermostat to no higher than 45 ° or 50 °.
– When doing laundry try to use an energy efficient machine if you have one or can find one at the Laundromat. Try using cold water as much as possible.
– Appliances that consume more energy (in general terms) are: air conditioner, dryer, dishwasher and microwave. A good way to save electricity is to look for alternative way to use these products to consume less.
-use blinds and curtains to keep the hot sun out, cool air in, or heat inside during the winter.
– replacing your windows may seem like a weird way to save money but if you have old single pane windows your probably losing a lot of AC or heat through them New windows are all double pan with a gas in between to help prevent loss of AC/Heat. Also the old frame around old windows are more likely to allow water and air to pass through than new frames.
Another thing you can do is use this film like product that claims to save 50% off of your electrical bill from your air conditioner use. Here is a video of me after installing the product on my own window.
Check out my video!