Before we go into how to control you’re oily T-zone we must first understand what causes it and what problems oil skin can cause.
Oily skin is characterized by excessive accumulation of fat typically found in the face area like the cheeks, forehead and chin. Not only is our skin the biggest organ in our body but it also the main source of aesthetic value which, let’s face it, we all could really use.
Oily skin can manifest through various alteration which can accumulate and generate different types of imperfections like:
- Acne – acne is the most common skin probles that could manifest as pimples, black heads and white heads. It is closely associated with the onset of hormonal activity that directly or indirectly governs the factors that trigger their appearance, although some of the mechanisms are not clearly defined. Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest and shoulders. Acne is not a serious health threat, but can leave scars.
- Hyperseborrhea – Hyperseborrhea glands produces excess sebum. This sebum builds up on the surface and gives the skin a shiny appearance.
- Hyperkeratosis – is a condition characterized by thickening of the outer layer of the skin, which is composed of keratin, a strong protein protection. It can be caused by friction leading to the appearance of corns, calluses, swelling chronic eczema or extremely dry skin.
There are many options that you can do to help you deal with any problems you have regarding your skin. Many companies create specially formulated products to help you with any skin problems you might have. Here is a guide of simple things that you can do to help improve your skin naturally:
- Cleaning without damaging – Very intense exfoliation can irritate the skin and cause an overproduction of sebum.
- Protect yourself from the sun – The sun causes a thickening of the stratum corneum which can generate the appearance of new blemishes. Furthermore, some drug treatments are photosensitive so you have to protect yourself from sun exposure. Today there are different kinds of product specifically tailored to the needs of oily skinned individuals.
- Do not irritate your pimples – Popping your acne can cause extension of inflammation into deeper areas of the skin. The injury is aggravated and increases the risk of scarring.
- Use specific cosmetics – Always use treatment products and makeup (especially foundation) that is specifically formulated for oily skin and/or pimple friendly.
- Professional consultation – Dermatologist has the right solution for this problem. Do not hesitate to consult one when nothing that you do works.
Getting that perfect skin doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated, all you need to know is to try different things that will work for your skin type. Here is a video of me and how I take control of my oily T-zone cheaply and effectively.